[IP] Re: low all day

>From Andy  "I humbly suggest that instead of waiting for a few days, you try
waiting a few hours and modifying your basal rate as needed."

Do you raise your basal rate for the whole day or just the period when you
went high - in this example, overnight?  Do you do a correction bolus as
well?  When you do this do you find that you have to adjust your basal the
other direction the next day or soon after?  I prefer to do a correction
bolus if high or eat or decrease a bolus if low and then see what happens
the next day before making changes.  I'm the first to admit that I wait too
long before changing basal rates - usually I figure it was stress or I
calculated the carbs wrong.  But I sometimes have one or two days that are
just different for no reason and if I change the basal then I would have to
deal with the opposite problem the next day.

Ironically my daughter told me today that she was having trouble going low
all weekend and ate all day without taking humalog.  I know she had a hectic
weekend with moving into her apartment for college but I think this is more
of a pattern with her and will be hard to adjust on Lantus if she needs less
insulin during the afternoon.  BTW she has started to call taking her
humalog "a bolus"  LOL - she'll be one step ahead if/when she goes on a

Age 45, Type 1 dx 09/19/1973, pumping 4 years
and daughter Melinda, Type 1 - age 19 dx 11/04/2002, MDI