re:[IP] Insurance and Batteries

<<<<<<<From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Insurance and Batteries
I am wondering if anyone's insurance company pays for their batteries? I
am
confused as to why my insurance company doesn't see them as DME(Durable
Medical Equipment). I cannot use my pump without batteries.
Thanks for any information.
Andy
Johnson>>>>>>>>

Hi Andy.
My insurance pays for my batteries after my asking why they didn't.
They won't pay for any pump batteries if your pump uses batteries that
can be bought at any store.
I have a Disetronic pump and it can only use their battery so they pay
for it.
At first they thought the D pumps could use any battery, when I pointed
out it couldn't they started paying for it and gave me a 1 1/2 year
payback for batteries I'd had to pay for out of pocket.
Maybe other insurance companies work the same way?

pumping since 08-00