re:[IP] Insurance and Batteries

<<<<<<<From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Insurance and Batteries
I am wondering if anyone's insurance company pays for their batteries? I
confused as to why my insurance company doesn't see them as DME(Durable
Medical Equipment). I cannot use my pump without batteries.
Thanks for any information.

Hi Andy.
My insurance pays for my batteries after my asking why they didn't.
They won't pay for any pump batteries if your pump uses batteries that
can be bought at any store.
I have a Disetronic pump and it can only use their battery so they pay
for it.
At first they thought the D pumps could use any battery, when I pointed
out it couldn't they started paying for it and gave me a 1 1/2 year
payback for batteries I'd had to pay for out of pocket.
Maybe other insurance companies work the same way?

pumping since 08-00