Re: [IP] airport.........urban myth????

  <<<<<<<Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 22:47:54 -0400
From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] airport.........urban myth????
 flew out of florida this morning to washington dc, hand held my
insulin, did not want to put it thru the x-ray, the tech told me that it
was a urban
myth, and that the x-ray's do not effect the insulin. that i was slowing
the line, really made me feel foolish, what do you think of

I wonder about this myself.  I know I've read all the answers on the IP
list that say it doesn't change the insulin.  BUT, I also know that
they've made all the x-ray machines
stronger and it is now recommended that you don't put your film thru the
x-ray machine because it can ruin it unless you have it in one of those
shielded packages you can buy at camera stores.  Now, if it can ruin
film I guess I'd like proof from some source that has tested the new
stronger x-ray machines, that it won't hurt the insulin.
Just my personal opinion,

pumping since 08-00