Re: [IP] Medical billing...was MM Billing

Unrelated to MM specifically...how many of you find you have to go through the
insurance company dance almost monthly?  It seems that there is SOMETHING that
isn't billed correctly each and every month.  Last year, I had Partnership
Health insurance, which was great...they covered almost everything, but too
often the doctor's office, etc., would bill BCBS instead (because Partnership
Health used to, 2 years earlier, bill through BCBS).  Anyhow, several months
after a service I'd end up getting a bill...but they never actually billed my
insurance company.  They would resubmit...and in some cases, they would
resubmit it again WRONG even though I told them to bill Partnership Health

When I was on BCBS (which I am again since my employer dropped Partnership
Health), I would find that BCBS would deny payment about 50% of the time for
things that they are SUPPOSED to cover.  I would call them, and they would
say, "Oh, you're right...that should be covered."  It happened so often that I
finally figured out that the insurance companies will PURPOSELY make mistakes
and deny coverage in hopes that the person under contract will not notice and
pay for it themselves, which saves them a lot of money.  I mean, when I call,
there is no argument that it should have been covered.

 I find a lot of mistakes still originate at the doctor's office, though...where
 they put the wrong diagnosis code, etc. It gets to be so frustrating. I could
make it my full-time job, practically, in handling medical bills!