Re: [IP] Insurance and Batteries

On 25 Aug 2003 at 9:34, email @ redacted <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I am wondering if anyone's insurance company pays for their batteries?
>  I am
>  confused as to why my insurance company doesn't see them as
>  DME(Durable Medical
> Equipment). I cannot use my pump without batteries.
> Andy Johnson

 Back when I was on the H-trons which do require a "special battery pack", they
 covered by insurance. But when you go with a pump like the Animas, where the
 can be bought "over the counter", the insurance will refuse to pay as the
batteries could be
 used for other purposes (yeah, like were all 'time bomb' makers or something)

 I now buy my 357's at http://www.sr44.com where you get fresh Everreadys for 50
 a piece in the 25 pack. Those batteries lasted about 14 weeks in my pump.

George    :>)