[IP] Re: MiniMed CGMS Questions

I just wanted to thank all that have sent me e-mails
about the CGMS.  :-)

Hehe, I'm not too worried about being attached to two
devices....  Actually, when I ride horses (which is
twice a week minimum) I usually wear a
radio/walkie-talkie (at the same time I'm wearing my
pump) so I can actually hear my coach giving me
pointers instead of having her scream head off with me
STILL sometimes not hearing/understanding her.....
So, now I'll have three devices on twice this week, no
big; it's all fun and good!  :-)

Good thing I'm not doing my insulin/saline pump trials
at the same time (I'm planning on doing those in
October/November since I'm getting a new pump in
January when my warranty runs out).  Darnit, I really
could've advertised for several pump companies at
once!  ;-)

Hehe, come to think of it, I think I'll do more
"borg"/"assimilator" jokes this week, especially since
my classes start tomorrow shortly after I start my
CGMS trial.....  You know, gotta have some fun and
cause a little mischief on campus to keep us college
students in the middle of nowhere entertained....

Only thing I think I'm going to hate is showers in the
dorm with this....  I HATE HATE HATE showerbags - I
either disconnect my pump or lay it down beside me (I
use the longest tubing you can get, so this is
something I can do without any fuss/problems).  I love
my (once upon a time) waterproof pump; it was one of
the reasons why I picked it.....  I used to use
showerbags when I first got my pumps (I treated my
pumps like gold was "everyday dirt," if you know what
I mean, but now I've got a more relaxed attitude about
things - my pumps have survived quite a bit, I'm proud
of 'em.....); Now, I try to avoid showerbags like the
plague.....  So, I just gotta think of this as being a
brand new friend for a week, treat it like I did my
pumps when I first got 'em and return it scratch-free
to my CDE......

Okay, thanks again for the help and I'll let you all
know how it goes!  :-)

Melissa Collins

Do you Yahoo!?