Re: [IP] How do I go about fighting the insurance company.

What ever state you are in, you will have a insurance commisioner.
First thing I would do is  write a letter to the insurance  company,
stating what was said to you by whoever it was, and your reply.
I wouldn't telephone the company any more, writew and register the
letter.   This letter you write to the insurance company, ALWAYS put
cc: Name of Insurance commionier/ and address,  and send  him/her a
copy.  The cc: always seems to get their attention :)