[IP] MiniMed CGMS Questions

Hi all.  I'm going on the MiniMed CGMS on Monday and
have a few questions for those of you who have done
this.  I'm excited about this as I've been trying to
get on the CGMS for awhile now in the hopes that it
may be a way for me to have a better understanding on
trends I might be having during the day/night.....
Course, the only way to know is to try it, right?

For those who were on a pump at the same time as being
on the CGMS, was it much different wearing a pump AND
the CGMS?  What were some of the "hassles" of doing
both of these at the same time?  Gee, I can just see
it now - one of my friends will tell me that I'm
beeping and I'll be like, "Which side am I beeping
on?"  LOL!  ]:-)

What did you like and dislike about the CGMS?

How many times a day did you check your glucose?  Did
you do any fasting/basal checks or did you act like
you weren't on the CGMS (in terms of checking your
glucose levels)?

Did it help you with your numbers or discover trends?
If yes, how?  If not, were you glad you tried the CGMS
and did you at least use some of the info from it?

Is there any advice you would give someone who is
going on the CGMS?

Is there anything you would do differently if you were
to go back to the CGMS now?  (What I mean here is
would you do something this time around that you
didn't do last time or would you NOT do something this
time that you did last time, etc.)

Any other info you could give would be greatly
apprechiated!  :-)

Thanks in advance for all your help/advice!  :-)

Melissa Collins

Do you Yahoo!?