[IP] Re: low all day

>>>Why do you think my 17 year old son's sugars would be running in the 60's
day?  He keeps eating and drinking juice and not bolusing for it and still
 runs low. I had him lower his basal by a tenth too. I'm puzzled. He just
out with his friends for the evening and I'm worried.  Any ideas???>>>

I do not know you and I do not know your son and you asked for *any* ideas.
So, I'm going to toss out *something* as a possibility: He's 17 and in less
than a year will be classified as an adult. (Scary, huh?!!)  Are you *sure*
he's testing that low - reallly? He's probably as honest as the day is long,
but it has been known for DMers to fool docs/parents, etc. into believing
they are testing low through devious little tricks. Ask some of the
Clinitest users what they used to do (I didn't do tricks - I just didn't

I'd hate to suggest you watch over him while he tests as it's his life and
his responsibility, but perhaps these are not true tests. Maybe he wants
someone to think he's cured so he doesn't have to bother with this any more?

I told you this was an *any* idea. Pitch it if you don't like it. Just a

They say the secret of success is being at the right place at the right
time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, the trick
is to find the right place and just hang around. ~ Calvin (& Hobbes)