Re: [IP] snickers bar

At 02:51 PM 8/23/03, George wrote:
>Sure it does!   Remember, I used to wear the H-trons also.  So all
>you have to do is program the memory unit between the ears and every
>30 minutes bolus 5 units, or if you are going 2 full hours, bolus 4
>units then 3 on the last bolus.  Of course you'll have to work out
>different figures if you're not on a 1 for 10 scale like me.  YMMV.

Wow, George, 5 units for that candy bar for me would put me in Low City
real fast, and 7, well that might require a trip to the ER to
fix.  ;o)  For the 35g of carb I would only need about 2 units.  And, yes,
I do look at bolusing after the fact also, but it's not really the same as
setting an extended bolus and forgetting about it (which is one feature I
will look for in my next pump).  And, even though I CAN try to program my
brain to remember to bolus again, it's not that simple.  I'm pretty busy at
times and I might not remember to bolus every 30 minutes or hour or whatever.