[IP] RE: pumping while under the knife

So I did this for my recent hip surgery, but it didn't work out as well
as I would have liked.  The surgery ended up being 3.5 hrs instead of 1
hr... and because I was so adamant about staying on the pump, they were
afraid to adjust me!  Pist me off!  I woke up over 500!

I had specifically asked that they correct me with 1 unit/75 mg/dl of
highness (an agreement to under bolus the highs) - I said they could do
that with needles et al.  But argh, they didn't.  sigh.

Just venting.  I have to do my other hip soon (arthritis) and haven't
figured out what to do.  I sure as heck don't want to be low during
surgery, but my blood surgery last time really skyrocketed due to the
bodily stress.