Re: [IP] Guitar playing diabetics

I am not a guitar player, but I do play the fiddle
(yeah, so it only has 4 strings and only one of my
hands touches the strings), but I ONLY use the sides
of my fingers of my left hand for testing.  That is
the hand that is used to make the notes (fret-less

Anyway - at the risk of inflaming my dear bass-playing
friend Len - there shouldn't be any problem with using
the sides of your fingers and not resorting to your
wrist.  Problem with the BB King method of testing is
that the results vary between your fingers and your
arm (something to do with a different response time
due to some other reason unknown to me).  If you are
going to use your arm (or at least NOT your fingers)
make sure that is the ONLY place you use to test since
the results can vary up to 20 points at any given time
between the remote location and your fingers.

And if you're going to "strum" your guitar - use a
pick & save your fingers.

Just PLEASE don't pick up the banjo.

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?