[IP] Re:Valerian Root and Blood Glucose

 --- On Fri 08/22, < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: [mailto: email @ redacted]To: email @ redacted: Fri, 22 Aug
2003 11:37:20 EDTSubject: [IP] Re:Valerian Root and Blood GlucoseI have been
taking an herbal medication that supposedly is a muscle relaxant and induces
sleep. It has proven to be somewhat helpful for my frozen shoulder. I take 400mg
of Valerian at night in addition to VIcodin for pain.When I take VIcodin alone,
there is no noticeable rise in my morning blood glucose. However when I add the
Valerian, I wake up with values in the high 300 and low 400's. I wonder if
anyone has had any experience with this herb or can refer me to any sites that
might help explain this phenomenon. Kathy
 Kathy, it may be the combination of the two...I refer you to this article,
http://www.honeri.org/foodherbinteractions.html down toward the bottom of the
page. What I was LOOKING for was where the valerian was metabolized when I ran
across this. Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com