[IP] Re:Valerian Root and Blood Glucose

I have been taking an herbal medication that supposedly is a muscle relaxant
and induces sleep. It has proven to be somewhat helpful for my frozen
 shoulder. I take 400mg of Valerian at night in addition to VIcodin for pain.
When I
take VIcodin alone, there is no noticeable rise in my morning blood glucose.
However when I add the Valerian, I wake up with values in the high 300 and low
 400's. I wonder if anyone has had any experience with this herb or can refer me
to any sites that might help explain this phenomenon.

Kathy
Bay Area
IDDM 31 years, MM 508 3 years