[IP] Re:Valerian Root and Blood Glucose

I have been taking an herbal medication that supposedly is a muscle relaxant
and induces sleep. It has proven to be somewhat helpful for my frozen
 shoulder. I take 400mg of Valerian at night in addition to VIcodin for pain.
When I
take VIcodin alone, there is no noticeable rise in my morning blood glucose.
However when I add the Valerian, I wake up with values in the high 300 and low
 400's. I wonder if anyone has had any experience with this herb or can refer me
to any sites that might help explain this phenomenon.

Bay Area
IDDM 31 years, MM 508 3 years