[IP] Stenosing Tenosynovitis ("Trigger Finger")

Hi Everyone,

After going to the orthopaedic surgeon today, I was told that I have
stenosing tenosynovitis or what is commonly known as "trigger finger".  I
have it in my thumb on my left hand.  I have the opitions of having steroid
injections to try and relieve the situation or have a small surgery to
release the thickening around the thumb joint and tendon.  Has anyone on the
list had this and if so, did you have the injections or surgery?  What was
the outcome, how was the procedure and how is the finger now?

I'm trying to decide what I want to do in this situation.  As a large animal
veterinarian, my busy season is coming up and it makes my work a lot easier
if I have two fully working hands :)