[IP] Animas EasyManagerPlus

Well, I'm in love with a piece software.  Okay, the user interface is
cluggy as all heck but it is similar to the user interface on the pump
itself.  Once I started programming the pump, the interface made sense,
but I STILL want to graffitti my numbers!

Now that this is out of my system.  And darn, I didn't tell today's
trainer the whole truth.  What actually pushed me over the edge from
Deltec to the Animas pump was the software.  Yeah, the Cozmos is cute,
but the Palm/Desktop EasyManager software is something that I can use.

First, I was already hooked on the Palm, and really liked the Diabetes
Pilot (and you can actually graffiti your numbers with it, plus edit
the fooddata base).  So moving to Easy Manager wasn't hard.  I actually
started playing with EasyManager before I went to the pump.

I'm not a paper person.  I lose paper.  (You should see the desk right
now, in order NOT to lose paper, it has to stay on the desk, where it
first appeared -- and even then it's chancy.)  So running around with a
Palm pilot that I can backup on a regular basis (I have one of those
fancy little cards I back up to + the desktop) is right for me.  Again,
that pushed me over the edge.

I really love being able to hook the meters to the software (I use
Freestyle) and I love the fact that the software works with several
meters.  Here's the great news -- and one of those really weird, head
scratching things.  Freestyle had sent me a new meter about a month ago
and for a week, it wouldn't talk to the EasyManager.  For some weird
reason, it started talking today.

And so now, the big question.  I've already spent $29.99 on the
upgrade, and I think $89.99 for the Therasense software and cable.  Do
I spring $159 for the IR port, and when?  Now, or wait a while.

Oh, and I asked for a red faceplate on the warranty card, so I'll have
our school colors.

FYI:  I'm a computer science teacher, so loving software means