Re: [IP] Chinese Food

Hi. A couple of things to remember about Chinese food, especially
buffets.  When eating chinese food in the homes of my Chinese friends
these rules don't seem to apply.  I think Mom is either a bit more
health conscious or more "authentic" I'm not sure which ;-)

The way they get all of those lovely stir fries to glisten is with a
cornstarch slurry, remember this when figuring your bolus.  Also
remember that the cornstarch will put any fat in the pan into
suspension, so you have a higher fat food as well.

As for noodles, especially "chow fat" style dishes, the noodles will
also pick up the fat in the pan.

Unfortunately many restaurants also use tomato paste for color AND
sweetness.  I've found that this is really hard to figure.

I basically do what Roger C explained in his post, breaking the bolus.
Remember the beauty of the pump is your ability to do a "clean up" bolus
to get back into target if you missed a few carbs in your mental
Bon apetite,
On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 04:35  PM, Sharon wrote:

> I had Chinese Food for lunch.
Frank W. Tegethoff, Jr.
IDDM since '85, MM507 since '98