[IP] Need Help Information

Today I was approached at work by a mother of man who was just recently
diagnosed with some form of diabetes.
She explained the circumstance as follows, her son has been dropping weight
consistently for the last 3 months, eighty five pounds so far. He had been
urinating all the time and was constantly thirsty. She told him that he
needed to go to the doctors and get checked out. Now keep in mind that he
is unemployed and has no health insurance and is 44 years old. He did go to
the doctors on a day that is called free clinic day up here in Maine. After
doing some blood work on him they found his blood sugar to be in the high
300's. Now they want to run a fasting blood sugar test on him next week to
determine where he stands. I guess to determine T1 or T2.
The question I have is what kind of assistance can he find state wise or
federal to help with his treatment. He is out pounding the pavement looking
for work that can offer him insurance but no luck so far. Now also keep in
mind that the waiting period usually from date of hire is three months to
the start of insurance coverage. Any ideas on what he should do? His mom is
really worried that by the time he gets a job and insurance it will be to

Michael Chambers
Spencer Press
Customer Service Representative