Re: [IP] Chinese Food

In a message dated 08/20/2003 4:36:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I had Chinese Food for lunch.  Bolused what I thought was the correct
> amount &
> just checked my bgs - It as 400!  I rarely eat Chinese, does this always
> happen or did I do something wrong?
> Sharon
> Pumping away in GA

Sharon I was lucky to have tried to eat Chinese food wile being on the M/M
 CGMS. In my case I figured the total amount of Carb's. I took 50% at meal time,
and 50% square wave over a 4 hour period. I also increased my basal to 110% 6
hours after the meal. When the pump DR downloaded the Sensor the next day he
 said he knew if he was around long enough he would see a pumper hit it right on
Chinese food. I am not bragging I never went over 160 from 5 PM till 7 AM the
next day. I am not sure if its the MSG or high fat, but I found the square
wave worked for me. I must add YMMV. If you have a good carb book you should
find most Chinese food are there. Don't forget the noodles
         Roger C (dx 12/1/47 pm 5/7/00) hockey puck in tow