Talked to Beverly Parson White (email @ redacted) and Mary (10) had her
neurosurgery today. She is now out of ICU but is having a rough time of it.
She's on oxygen and 5 I.V.s. Bev agreed to let the chief of endocrinology
control Mary's BG with an insulin drip - she bottomed out during surgery.
She is on Regular insulin and the endo said when she's eating they'll allow
the pump to be hooked back up. This was a major surgery (brain) and he said
it wasn't like a 2-hour thing to continue with the pump. It's much better
with the drip. Bev was concerned they'd give her some long-acting insulin
but the endo agreed not to. Bev rejected any and all others' inputs except
his. He's not even supposed to be on duty but came to take care of the
situation. PTL!

Keep Mary and this precious family in your prayers. Her brother Nick had the
same surgery a few months ago and was already talking at this stage
afterwards. Fund$ and housing are greatly needed!!!! I believe they are
staying in Houston for this.

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble
remembering how to fly