[IP] Re: Paradigm 512 and BD Meter

> We have been
> using the BD meter as well, and have both decided we hate it, despite its
> second time, and small drop of blood.  We're going to stop using it when
> we're done with our strips.  It gives an error if your finger shakes at
> when applying the blood, or if you get too much on top in addition to at
> end where it is sucked in.  Anyway, I often find myself using three strips
> to get one reading so the "fast 5 second reading" is just not happening.

Hang in there, I was in the user study for the Accu Chek Complete when it
was introduced specifically for pumpers. Some of you may remember those
strips with a red patch? Well, I was legally blind at the time and trying to
hit that red spot with red blood - especially if you got *some* on and not
enough meant 3-5 strips for each test!! They sent a survey sheet after the
trial and I sure made my comments. So did others. They come up with the
*sucky* Comfort Curves which are such a great improvement!!! Since the BD
meter is new, if enough complaints go in they may do a major change as well.

Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.