Re: [IP] United Health Care and test strips

> > I contacted Minimed today to purchase some BD test strips .  I was
> > told that United Health Care does NOT cover test strips anymore. I
> > was wondering if anyone else has heard of this.  Thank you.
> What state are you in? All but four mandate the coverage of diabetes
> supplies.

While this is true, I don't think there are mandates on what must be covered
through a *contract* with a specific supplier.  I'd bet there is a way to
get them covered through DME, just not through MM anymore (I have the same
insurance and was also told by MM their contract with UHC only includes sets
and resevoirs now).

First step would be to call the insurance (the number on the back of the
insurance card) and ask them for a listing of DME suppliers.