I got a policy with only a small rating (in part, I assume, because I had a
pump).  But the biggest issue was finding a life insurance broker who did
not work as an agent for a particular company, but instead could place
policies with any company.  My broker took my case history and medical exam
data directly to the underwriters at the company and secured the policy.
They did take out the waiver of premiums clause (which would have paid the
premium if I became disabled), but the "universal life" policy is still in
effect after almost twenty years and I pay $7500 a year for $750,000 of
coverage.  I really think finding the broker who strongly believes in your
case is the key.  Good luck.  Joel