  --- On Mon 08/18, Amundson, Dustin < email @ redacted
> wrote:

 From: Amundson, Dustin [mailto: email @ redacted]To:
email @ redacted: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:23:08 -0500Subject: [IP] LIFE
INSURANCEDoes anyone know if the cost of life insurance decreases when your on
the pump?
 Dustin, I believe it would depend on the company. But I suspect it doesn't. I
know when my dad asks questions of clients he is signing, he doesn't ask what
type/delivery method of insulin they are using, just if they are using insulin
when they say they are diabetic. And yes, he is an agent for a major life
insurance agency....New York Life. He always told me after I was first diagnosed
diabetic to be sure I was covered by my husbands employer health plan cause I
would have a H&LL of a time getting it all alone and even if I did, I would
pay and exhorbant price, and then I went on insulin and he reminded me that the
price just went sky high. He knows I'm going on the pump and he hasn't said a
word. Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com