Re: [IP] Coffee, Caffeine and morning basal check

At 01:50 AM 8/18/03, you wrote:
>In asking the question, I guess I am trying to uncomplicate my life the other
>364 days of the year.  Personally, I am still working on a solution and the
>bolus idea may be what I end up with.

I have a similar problem but not with coffee.  I go high just getting out
of bed in the morning.  But, rather than change my basals, as so many
others have suggested, I take a "get out of bed in the morning
bolus".  This works out to 1 - 1 1/2 units for me.  Why not change my
basals?  Because this phenomena is caused by getting up.  If I want to
sleep in or not get up at 7:00 a.m. every morning, the changing basal
doesn't work as then I go low before getting up.  So, I'd rather bolus than
mess around with basals.  I feel I have more control that way.  And, as
I've said before, THEORETICALLY, the basal should only cover fasting not
foods.  But, I'm sure you will work out whatever works best for you, and as
always, YMMV.  :o)