RE: [IP] important please read!

What company is making this meter and is it FDA approved yet?

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Linda Zottoli
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 1:39 PM
To: email @ redacted
Cc: Linda Zottoli
Subject: Re: [IP] important please read!

On Friday, August 15, 2003, "Justin Daubenmire" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> a new meter, brought to my attention by another list, is in the
> making. It
> lets you test your blood via your ear and no pricking. The company is
> entertaining the idea of speech enabling this unit for blind diabetics.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Justin.  I just wrote them,
describing my experience this morning when I woke with a low blood
sugar and couldn't read the meter results at all because of the visual
problems I sometimes have when I have a low blood sugar.  I also told
them of my blind and elderly diabetic friends.  Being able to put
something on your ear by feel, and not needing to put blood on a strip,
would certainly be a big advantage for a blind person.

Linda Z