Re: [IP] Power failure & insulin

> I had 3 unopened bottles of Novolog in the butter compartment of the
> fridge
> when the power went off.  I was in the least fortunate part of NYC
> and so I
> suspect the insulin was close to room temperature for at least 12,
> maybe 24
> hours. Should I stop worrying? Thanks.

It should be OK.  I was without power for over 48 hours (storm-related,
I'm in TN) and I ended up taking my insulin to a friend's house on our
second day without power.  I called a pharmacist, and he told me it
should be good for 28 days, or something like that.  Also, I found an
unopened bottle on my countertop once.  I put it back in the fridge and
it was fine.

Glad your power is back!!!  Our little storm (100 + mph winds, tons of
damage) barely made a blip on the national news.  It was bad. . . but
that's off topic.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!