Re: [IP] Re: ate twinkie now high sugar

In a message dated 8/18/03 10:40:56 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I'm thinking the first week of being on humalog lied ot me! Actually, I
> think my body is now getting use to it and I have to readjust my insulin to
> carb ratios. I am on shots not pumping yet. I figured 1 unit per 13 carbs
> prior to each meal and for 1 week, it did fine. Now I am running higher and
> am beginning to think that the ratio needs modified. Any ideas on testing
> how to get the right ratio for insulin to carb?

My BGs go up and down for seemingly no reason at all. I think it's hormones.
Or maybe the humidity or the alignment of the planets. Don't change anything
based on only one day (or only one Zinger trial). Wait it out a bit and see
what happens.

Jan and ElvisToo