  From: maverickmom (Kerri)
  To: michelle
  Cc: email @ redacted
  Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2003 12:11 AM
  Subject: RE: Alternate site testing

  Our endo encourages AST, especially with the younger kids. I calibrate our
meter with the lab whenever we get bloodwork drawn and, whether we have them
put a drop of blood from the needle onto the test strip, or Shannon does a bg
on her arm or finger, the readings have always been very, very close
(literally within a few points). So we know that it's accurate. When I've done
arm vs finger (within minutes of each other, just to double check a suspicious
number) I've never seen more than a ~10pt difference on this meter. Now, we
had another FreeStyle that we saw a wide variation with so maybe that
particular meter you're using just isn't as accurate as some. But we feel very
confident with the one we're using.