[IP] Metal-eating perspiration (silver)?

I don't know about other metals, but if you wear silver jewelry all you have
to do to keep it from tarnishing and leaving icky black marks on your neck
and wrists is keep it on when you bathe/shower and scrub it with soap or
bath gel as though it was part of you. (I learned this from an old boyfriend
25 years ago who told me never to take my silver off and it wouldn't tarnish
because it had magic powers.... I don't buy the rationale but it works
nonetheless, and I wear lots of silver!)