Re: [IP] Coffee, Caffeine and morning basal check

RoseLea said,

"And what if you have a morning when you can't drink your coffee?  Such as
fasting for surgery, blood testing, etc.  Then you'd go low from the basal
too high.  If you have a problem with coffee, why not just figure out a
bolus for it?  Theoretically, your basal should be covering fasting, not
any food items.  YMMV."

To my question about doing a morning basal check WITH drinking coffee rather
than doing one with only water, since I drink it everyday.

I have had the occasion to go into PLANNED surgery a few times (less than
once per year) on the pump and have always done an overnight and morning basal
check in the two weeks prior to surgery, so I do not see that to be a problem.
If I had unplanned surgery, I would guess that I would either be unconscious
and or my doctor would be notified and my diabetes would be in other people's
hands.  I have always felt that for those cases, I would just have to trust
that everything would work out for the best.

In asking the question, I guess I am trying to uncomplicate my life the other
364 days of the year.  Personally, I am still working on a solution and the
bolus idea may be what I end up with.

I was