Re: [IP] Re:Weight

The weight loss is super Kathy!

To the original poster -- I personally found that going to a gym and
getting on a treadmill is helpful.  I go to an excellant gym and go at
the end of my work day.  No matter how bad the day is, they are
welcoming, friendly and helpful.

Before diabetes, I had lost a little over 100 pounds.  I've found that
if i follow what the CDE dieticians want me to do, I gain weight, and I
have problems with food.  If I eat my way, I can lose weight, but my
blood sugar control goes out of the window.

I've found that MDI makes me gain weight, even though I'm at the gym
every day, and do as much as I physically can.  I haven't missed the
gym except for 7 days since January 1.  One day was due to a low caused
by the physical effort needed to set up a new computer classroom from
scratch.  The other 6 days were 3 days seperate after each of my carpel
tunnel surgeries.  I was in too much physical pain to do do it.

I have lots of lows at the gym, but we are all getting used to them
(both me, and the people at the gym).  I keep a small amount of
emergency items at hand, and one of the ladies runs and get my monitor.
 Reminder to self: keep it with me!

Treating lows causes me to injest more calories though <sigh>

Today is a good example, I ended up eating more than I wanted and
planned today to treat a slight low.  :-(

...pumping on Thursday!