[IP] Re:Weight

I have also found that losing weight was far easier on the pump. I think
 testing really often can help prevent the lows that inevitably occur with
loss. You will probably need to correct basal rates and maybe even lower your
bolus rate. Check out Pumping Insulin for tips on doing both. I also joined
Weight Watchers which gave me a structured way to lose the pounds. Since I
 already looked at labels for nutritional information, deciphering their point
was very easy. In addition to healthy food choices, they put emphasis on
movement, portion control and support. I learned an entirely different way of
 eating and in addition to adding more activity to my days and so far the 25
I lost has stayed off for 18 months. It's never easy losing weight but the
effort is worth it. I can't tell you how much better I feel (and look). Good

Bay Area
IDDM 31 years MM508 3 years

In a message dated 8/16/2003 11:23:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,