[IP] wisdom teeth extraction and HIGHS

Hey all. Kevin had his wisdom teeth out Wednesday and is doing well, except
for the constant HIGHS. We have his pump set at 250% increase of basals, and
we do massive corrections every 2 hours! It has been nuts! Even all night we
correct and we haven't seen but one bg under 200...but then the next was right
up there. I called the endo, and he said "change the site" which is was a 1
day old site before surgery...(had great bgs before) so we did...Nothing...and
told us to up his basals by 10%!!! ha ha

We know he got a shot of steroids in his IV before going under
anesthesia...how long does that usually last. The pain is finally tolerable,
so we feel it must be the steroids!

Any advice?

Mom to Kevin, 15, dx 12/98
pumping 5/99