[IP] Re: Metal-eating perspiration?

> This is slightly off-topic, but I've been told over the years that the
> reason that any metal except for 24k gold or stainless steel corrodes
> when I wear it for any length of time is that some diabetics have skin
> or sweat that is more acidic than other people's.  My question to the
> list is, if anyone so afflicted has found anything that works to protect
> the metal from the bad effect of prolonged contact with 'acid skin'?

I dealt with that with watches - they'd get eaten up inside with heavy
corrosion. I solved that by always making sure the watches I have are with a
stainless steel back. I used to put a small patch of moleskin on the back so
it wouldn't touch my skin. The clear nail polish also works.

The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without
trials. - Chinese Proverb