Re: [IP] pizza advice needed!

> I gotta toss this one out! I have a 16 month old baby boy and his mommy
> loves taking baby to dairy queen! Does icecream act like pizza?

Well funny you mention that... I had ice cream for "lunch" yesterday before
I had the pizza for dinner ;)

For me it doesn't normally work like Pizza, but it depends on the brand.  I
had the "store brand" chocolate yesterday, which was something like 21g of
carbs per half cup and somthing like 5 or 6 grams of fat.. and my 2 1/2 year
old and I (well and the futon and part of the carpet) shared a pint.. it
wasn't anything special, just plain chocolate.  I just bolused for the
carbs, not the fat, and it worked fine.  If I go out to get ice cream
though, or I get a "premium" brand like Ben & Jerry's sometimes I'll split
the bolus for the fat, but it depends on how much I have.  Smaller servings
tend to "behave" better than loading up by eating a large cone or a while
pint (but that's not something I do often!).

I only split the bolus when the fat is more than half as much as the carbs
(say the ice cream was 21g and it had like 11g of fat, then I would).. it
works for me, but others may have different experiences.