[IP] Coffee, Caffeine and morning basal check

Just a question for the group.  I have documented that ALL coffee, regular or
decaffeinated causes my BG to go up.  I got to thinking that if I drank 3
 mugs of decaffeinated coffee every morning, why should I do a morning basal
when I only drink water.  It seems like to me that I should do the basal
 check WHILE I drink the coffee. By the way, I drink my coffee with one of those
pink packages of sweetener and about a 1/2 ounce of 1% milk to lighten it up a

What do you think about the basal check situation?

Cee Dee