RE: [IP] Alternate site testing

I was told that finger tips are MOST accurate !!!!!
And, ever questioning, I have found that to be true.

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of michelle
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2003 4:51 PM
To: email @ redacted
Cc: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Alternate site testing

What does your endo/CDE say about testing on arms?  Ry just met with a new
and he wants only palms and fingers testing with the Freestyle because of
accuracy.  So I came home and tested myself with the Freestyle and on my
of my hand (clean) it was 248 and on my arm it was 189 - this was quite a
up call for me!  Just wondering what others are told as we ALWAYS did arm
testing only, and now I am questioning.
mom of Ryan 15yo dx 2/00 pumping 9/02