Re: [IP] High blood sugars and coffee

>>>My husband was recently told by his endocrinologist that he has to give
 ALL caffeine as it will raise his blood sugar. She didn't say why this

>From my understanding, in some people the caffeine triggers a hormone that
raises the BG.

>>> He was drinking diet sodas and having one or two cups of coffee with
added prior to her statement.  Now he is drinking water and only 1/2 to 1
of plain coffee per day.  He hasn't checked his blood sugar so I have no
if it is making a difference.>>>

For some fun drinks without caffeine, there are Diet 7 UP, Diet A & W Root
Beer, S-F Kool Aid, S-F Countrytime Lemonade, and S-F Crystal Lite drink

Never accept a drink of apple juice from a urologist.