Re: [IP] The Elite Meter

I forgot to mention that ALL meters use whole blood(that is what comes
out of your finger/arm) to measure.  The results are calculated to
Plasma or in older meters, to whole blood., BTW, reference laboratories
test serum and calculate to plasma.
Some of the older meters can be set either for plasma or whole blood
(check the setup menu)
Lifescan has a good info page on the whole blood/plasma  issue.
Again , your glucose will be about 15% lower in whole blood reports than
in plasma..