[IP] Metal-eating perspiration?

This is slightly off-topic, but I've been told over the years that the
reason that any metal except for 24k gold or stainless steel corrodes
when I wear it for any length of time is that some diabetics have skin
or sweat that is more acidic than other people's.  My question to the
list is, if anyone so afflicted has found anything that works to protect
the metal from the bad effect of prolonged contact with 'acid skin'?

 Seriously, I end up with black marks wherever costume jewelry has been
worn for any length of time, and silver, of course, tarnishes extremely
quickly and I have tarnish marks on my skin.  Is there anything like a
coating for either my skin or the jewelry that would help alleviate
this?  I can't afford 24k gold for everything, but I've considered
varnishing my chest and neck . :-)

Thanks for any advice regarding strategies for coping fashionably with
the 'skin of death'.

Kathy Trondsen (who knows this isn't the world's greatest problem, does
not feel victimized, but just asking for advice).