Re: [IP] airport.........urban myth????

 In a message dated 8/15/2003 10:47:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bburda1977

> flew out of florida this morning to washington dc, hand held my insulin, did
> not want to put it thru the x-ray, the tech told me that it was a urban myth,
> and that the x-ray's do not effect the insulin. that i was slowing down the
> line, really made me feel foolish, what do you think of

 I fly every week to and from Laguardia airport in NYC. I keep my insulin always
with me but in the same bag as my laptop and other business things. They make
you take to laptop out separately and run the bag thru the x-ray machine...so
far I have had no problems with the insulin after it has been thru many x-ray
scans..hopes this helps