Re: [IP] New medication for Type 2

In a message dated 8/15/2003 1:33:48 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Has any one heard of a new medication for Type 2 that fights weight gain
> and offers better control

Amylin is co-secreted with insulin from the pancreas. Amylin is deficient
with Diabetes.

Manufacturers are working on Pramlintide (marketing name: Symlin).  It is
 supposed to delay absorption of carbs and improve post meal bs. Leads to wt
with those who are overweight.  Suppresses other hormones that raise glucose

this is what I have in my notes from the conference I attended.  I think
Symliln is supposed to be out next year (?).

Julie   (please save your cancelled postage stamps.  Leave a 1/4-1/2 inch
           border around the stamps and mail them to:
           Mr Maynard Guss    9593 NW 26th Place  Sunrise, FL  33322.
           Please indicate these stamps are for ASAP.
          This is an on-going fund-raiser for an organization called ASAP.
  <A HREF="www.asap4sm.org">www.asap.org</A> My daughter has Chiari, a rare
brain disorder)