[IP] Re: New T2 drug

 --- On Sat 08/16, probent < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: probent [mailto: email @ redacted]To: email @ redacted: Fri, 15
Aug 2003 23:16:04 -0500Subject: [IP] Re: New T2 drugI don't recall it being
directed at weight problems ( though someone herewrote that weight loss was
reported in the trials).There are two other drugs in the Amylin pipeline, both
in phase 3, thatare aimed at T2s and both do address weight problems. Both use
the name'Exenatide'. Symlin is very close to being put on the market but
theExenatides have a bit more time to wander around in the FDA and
Amylinforests.Non of this precludes the possibility that similar meds are
beingdeveloped at other companies. Peter
 Peter, there is a drug being looked at that does cause weight lose in SOME type
II's...I am one of them. It has actually helped me lose 40 lbs this year,
between going on insulin and the topamax. Here is an article on the drug citing
the information some people may have seen. It is not a big enough study to prove
anything YET. Except to get enough interest to start a real study. Here is the

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com