[IP] Con of pumping

Hi everyone,

Notice it's a new subject, and it says con (singular) of pumping.  I'm
experiencing it RIGHT NOW.  GRRRR.  It's 12:04 a.m. where I am.  I've
stayed up to make sure my blood sugar is on its way down.  It is.  Here's
what happened.  Hubby and I met for dinner.  We left his car at his
office, then went to a concert at our church.  Afterwards, there was ICE
CREAM.  Well, I felt fine, but decided to check my blood sugar just to be
sure.  Good thing.  It was 400, then 423.  I'm guessing I didn't fully
re-connect well after my shower this afternoon.  (My shirt smells like
insulin - yuck)  I made sure it was connected, but it rose to 500.
SHEESH!!!  We left his car at his office and came home.  By that time, it
was back in the 400s, so I figured it was working again.  BUT, I changed
my site, just in case.  So, I've spent the evening (well, the past 2 1/2
hours) bolusing, drinking Diet Rite, exercising and testing.  And testing
for ketones.  The first 2 tests were positive, which, in my case,
generally means I'm not getting any insulin or a tiny amount.  If I'd
just mis-calculated the carbs in dinner I might be high (not THAT high)
but wouldn't have ketones.  Anyway, I'm back in the mid-200s, so it's
coming down and it looks like the new site is OK.  I hate changing at
night, just in case it's a bad site.

Of course, I have to get up bright and early this morning to go with my
husband to get his car, before we have to get our kids to soccer
practice.  AND, I'll probably be up half the night because of all of the
Diet Rite!!!

After all of that - there's no way I'd go back to shots, I STILL love my

Good night!

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!