[IP] Re: New T2 drug

     I think that the answer to your question may be at Amylin's site:
<www.amylin.com> .Symlin is aimed at either type of DM that uses insulin and
I don't recall it being directed at weight problems ( though someone here
wrote that weight loss was reported in the trials).
    There are two other drugs in the Amylin pipeline, both in phase 3, that
are aimed at T2s and both do address weight problems. Both use the name
'Exenatide'. Symlin is very close to being put on the market but the
Exenatides have a bit more time to wander around in the FDA and Amylin
    Non of this precludes the possibility that similar meds are being
developed at other companies.               Peter