[IP] Re: Might Not Be Pumping After All

Justin, I don't know what kind of budget you have, but what is your health
and quality of life worth?  People always seem to be willing to spend their
money on things other than their health.  If your television broke tomorrow,
would you go out and buy a new one?  I'll bet you'd have one by the weekend,
regardless the cost.  What about a stereo?  Computer and other techno
gadgets?  People always manage to find the money and resources for the
things they want and think they need.  Since you haven't had a pump yet, you
don't know what you're missing, but I have to say for the freedom it gives
you now and the better health it's going to give you in the long run, it's
worth the full price if you had to pay it.  If you're willing to pay $500
for one, don't let another $500 stand in your way - it is well worth it!
Like I said, I don't know what your finances are and what you can afford,
but think about what you're willing to spend your money on and think about a
better life....with a pump.  Of course, you probably won't find many words
of discouragement on this list about choosing the pump over MDI.  I think I
can speak for most of us in saying it was well worth it and has made all the
difference.  I will never give up my pump.  It's all about
priorities....just my opinion.

dx'd T1 3/02, pumping 8/02

<bad news for me folks. checked with insurance today and they said I had to
cover 20% of any pump from any company which equates to $1000 which is a
little steep for my blood. I could see $500 but for not needing the pump,
meaning not a medical emergency, $1000 seems a bit much to me. I dunno. I am
going to have to chew on it. Thoughts/advice anyone?