[IP] experience with nipro amigo representative

hi there everyone,

quick question about people's experience in buying insulin pumps. to my
surprise, animas, minimed and deltec all offered to come to my apartment to
show me their products-- this seems like a nice, personal way to get to
know the ins and out of various pumps. however, when i called nipro, they
only offered to send me a brochure. i asked if i could actually see one,
they said no "then they would have to do that for everyone." the rep said i
should simply read the brochure, call them with questions, and then order
it if i want it.
i feel pretty nervous buying a pump that i haven't held, or even seen other
than on the internet-- is this standard procedure? i think im eliminating
the amigo, since i just don't feel ok with this purchasing method. has
anyone had a similar experience with nipro, or anyone else? has anyone
bought a pump without seeing it up close and personal?

sad that the amigo is out of the picture-- love their colors!

Ruth Jennison
English Dept.
University of California, Berkeley
320 Wheeler Hall