Re: [IP] 288 high sugar help!

Humalog & Novolog are to cover carbs only.
Humalog had me low 2-3 hr after a meal, Novolog holds me steadier.
The UL is for your physical energy needs, body functions, breathing and etc.
If basal is not high enough, it is almost as if when you do take insulin for a
meal, it gets used up for physical needs before complete digestion occurs, thus
when digestion occurs, your Bg goes up. That is why you need to add insulin, a
correction bolus with your meal bolus, so that both physical need & food carbs
are covered.  This is my interpretation.   Linda K