[IP] Re: 288 high sugar help!

>>>I am on humalog and UL for now and going to a pump soon. I noticed that
at 3
pm when my UL was peeking I was running low. So I said I don't need that UL
in the morning shot. I get checked prior to 12 noon and was 69. I carb count
and correctly dose humalog. I get checked at 2 pm (2 hours later) and am
288!! <snip>>>

After you start pumping it will be kind of obvious. When we pumpers cover
carbs, we also have our basal running in the background. You cut out your
basal by eliminating the UL. For now it seems you should continue what you
have been doing which includes the UL injection plus the dreaded snacks.
Freedom includes no snacking unless desired. I run 0.7u per hour basal in
the waking hours. If I cut that out and just covered carbs, that would sure
shoot my BGs up.

For now, don't play pump until you actually get it and have all bases
(basals) covered. <g>

I will defend to your death my right to my opinion ~ Maxine